So, wedding planning has begun and you may find yourself asking “how do I keep everything organized?”. From scheduling out what needs to get done to keeping all your documents in one place things can get out of order quickly. Here are 5 tips to stay organized while planning your wedding.
1. Create a separate email account. Have an already busy inbox? Consider creating a separate email to use for all things wedding. By having a separate email, you will keep your regular inbox from becoming cluttered with quotes and correspondence from your vendors. When your wedding is over you can just delete the extra account.
2. Create one space to store all documents. You will acquire a lot of documents over the course of your wedding planning journey. Proposals, contracts, invoices, and to-do lists will stack up quick, and it is easy to lose track of everything. By keeping all documents stored in one central location (whether it be digital such as Google Drive or the tried-and-true binder) you will have everything ready at your fingertips for easy reference.
3. Create a plan of attack. It is no secret that planning a wedding is a lot of work and there is a lot that needs to get done. Don’t get overwhelmed by not creating a plan on when and how you will get everything done. Layout everything that needs to be completed each month and break that into smaller tasks that you can do each week. Set your tasks up on a schedule that is manageable with your everyday life.
4. Set up calendar reminders. Once you create your plan of attack, set up reminders on your calendar (digital or paper) to remind yourself what needs to get done each week. A plan is no good if you don’t know where you are at in it.
5. Designate someone to hold you accountable. Feel like you may procrastinate on wedding planning? Designate someone you trust to make sure you are staying on track. Consider a monthly or bi-weekly check in to see how things are going. While it may seem like wedding day is far away and you have plenty of time, it will arrive sooner than you think.