Unsure how to keep guests entertained at your wedding? Particularly during that interim right after the ceremony when the wedding party is taking photos? Here are 5 ideas on how to keep guests entertained during your wedding reception.
1) Trivia: Create a list of questions for your emcee to read, and whichever guest answers first gets a prize. You could even have your tables be teams and the table with the most points at the end wins. Personalize the game by including questions about the Bride and Groom, guests will love learning more about the couple they are there to celebrate.
2) Lawn Games: Having an outdoor reception? Lawn games are a great way to keep guests occupied. What could be more fun than playing giant Jenga, cornhole, or bocce ball with friends and family? Think outside the box when figuring out what games to offer; guests will have a blast enjoying giant yard versions of classics like checkers or tic tac toe.
3) Photo Booth: Photo Booths are becoming more and more popular at weddings. They are a fun way to get additional photos from your wedding outside of your hired photographer. Set up various props that match your wedding theme and let guests get creative. They will enjoy being able to snap silly photos with family and friends.
4) Food/Drinks: A hungry guest is not a happy guest. Call them what your want - hors d'oeuvres, finger foods, snacks, etc.- make sure there is plenty to go around. If you are not keen on servers walking around with trays of food, consider having a table set up so guests can serve themselves. Consider having the bar open right after the ceremony as well. Not serving alcohol? Have a drink station with water, tea, or soda available.
5) Interactive Guest Book: Consider giving guests the opportunity to write more than just their name in a traditional guest book. Perhaps lay out scrapbook pages and let guests write heartfelt messages. Ask for date night ideas, have guests create a bucket list for the newlyweds, or write marriage advice. You could even opt to do a video guest book and have guests record their messages.