Five Things You Must Do On Wedding Day
1. Eat! No one wants to be hangry on wedding day. Start the day out right and be sure to get a good breakfast. This will give you stamina for your big day. Also be sure to eat throughout the day while getting ready. If nerves are making you queasy keep things light and healthy. Fruit, trail mix, or even a small sandwich are all great options. Don’t forget to stay hydrated as well! Also make sure you carve out enough time to eat at your reception. You didn’t spend all that money on catering to not be able to enjoy it yourself, did you?
2. Reflect. From the moment you start getting ready until the end of the reception the entire day can feel like a whirlwind. Be sure to carve out some time to reflect on what this special day is truly all about: pledging a lifelong commitment to the love of your life. Feeling a little anxious? Taking a moment to sit back and focus on what truly matters can help ease your nerves.
3. Spend a moment alone with your partner. After the ceremony carve out a few minutes to be alone with your partner and celebrate! A great time to do this is while you are waiting for guests to vacate the ceremony area so you can take photos. Family and friends will want to congratulate you throughout the entire reception; so, take a second to soak in the newlywed feeling just the two of you.
4. Give yourself plenty of time. Do not rush the getting ready process. Remember it is the entire wedding party that needs to be ready to go before ceremony time. Hiccups are bound to happen. *Personal note here: One of my bridesmaids got locked out of her car right as we were heading to the ceremony. *
Give yourself plenty of cushion; not just for logistical reasons but also so that you do not end up feeling stressed.
5. Enjoy! This is your special day; enjoy every moment of it. After months of planning, you deserve to have fun. The wedding day goes by so fast, so soak it all in and make the most of everything. Remember this is just the beginning to a beautiful lifelong adventure.